Are you talking about the heart of SEO and digital marketing campaign? Then you must be interested in the keywords and key phrases that trigger both organic and paid results.
Yes, whether you run an SEO campaign or a PPC campaign, in both cases paying attention to keyword research and optimization is very essential. However, the keywords used for two different campaigns are different from each other. This is when you should have good knowledge of different keyword match types to make the right decision.
You can certainly find a PPC and SEO expert in Delhi or Kolkata for this job, but we believe no wrong learning something is interesting and effective for your business purpose.
When you are planning for a PPC campaign on Google Ads, you must ensure choosing keywords from the following match types.
5 Different keyword match types for Google Ads
- Broad match: Broad match keywords are primarily designed to reach a wide audience and generate a huge volume of traffic to the website. This acts as a default match type for the Google ads. Adding these keywords to your ads, allow Google to showcase your ad for a wide range of search queries. This is indeed a great achievement.
However, the type comes with a few drawbacks. First of all, you won’t get filtered traffic. Anyone interested to view your ad can randomly visit your site without any aim of making any purchase. Some keywords even showcase the irrelevant section of your website or blog that has nothing to do with the customer purchase decision.
- Modified broad match: Modified broad match type is the advanced version of the broad match keyword type. Unlike the previous one, this type has good control over the traffic entering the website. It increases the volume of the relevant traffic and amplifies the search appearance for better results.
If you want better search results, you must choose a modified broad match keyword type instead of the normal broad match type. The former is more relevant for a brand. While the latter comes with a default effect with no certainty.
- Phrase match: When you are talking about phrase match keywords, you are basically interested in keywords that are more focused than the broad match and less focused than the modified broad match. They are somewhere in between the two!
Phrase match keywords give the flexibility to fix your target goals and meet your targets in a better way. With this set of keywords, you can easily reach out to the right audience and compel them to visit your website.
- Exact match: If broad match keywords are meant to attract a wide audience, irrespective of its relevancy, exact match keywords are the keywords that target the most relevant customers exactly matching their search queries.
Exact match keywords make the ad appear to the audience whenever the relevant search is made. It triggers the ad to show up at the top of the search results, improving the search appearance for the potential buyers. If you are serious about driving the target audience and converting them to relevant customers, this keyword type will be the best decision.
Well, the probability of finding the exact match is low. Hence the traffic drawing to the website is also low. However, the conversion rates thus obtained is very high.
- Negative match: Apart from positive keywords, negative keywords are also essential to bring exciting results. It helps to filter out the right audience by eliminating the people who are not interested in your ad. With this keyword type, you can exclude the viewers for the relevant search queries.
Adding negative keywords is the most essential thing about a PPC campaign. You must not avoid this if you are desperate to attain high rankings and a better search appearance.
The result obtained from a campaign highly depends upon the keyword match type you choose. Therefore, instead of choosing anything randomly, make sure you are having apt knowledge about this. Remember, these are the key to your rankings on SERPs.
For better understanding, find a PPC management company in Delhi or any nearby places and outsource the job.